I'm a complete product junkie and I have always been in to makeup, but recently all my hoarding has been focused on hair products. So I thought it was time to start revamping my makeup collection slowly and surely. I say surely, but I got all of this over 2 days!
Below are my first impressions of the products and at the bottom I have included links, where I can find them of the products online. I got everything in River Island, Boots and Selfridges.
1. Lashes by Samantha - These lashes are so fluttery and natural looking for any occasion. I stumbled upon these in River Island and really liked that they didn't have a thick black strip like others do.
2. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Shade Spice - This foundation is so amazing! I mix mine with Loreal True Match Foundation to give it more of a dewy brown colour and I have had so many compliments since I have been wearing it. It was a great experience purchasing it also. I got mine from there kiosk in the Trafford Centre and had my colour matched.
3. Nyx Matte Finish Spray - This really does work considering how cheap it is! I have a really oily T zone and wanted to have a matte finish so I gave this a go with the finishing powder and it holds for hours. Working as a waitress it even holds during my shifts!
4. Nyx Liquid Suede - This is the best nude lipgloss I have used in a long time, if ever. It is notoriously difficult to find a nice matte lip gloss when you have darker skin so I took a chance on this and I love it. It goes on 'liquid' and dries matte. Separate review coming soon...
5. Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner - I don't really believe in spending a lot on a liquid eyeliner. This is because every time I have spent a little extra on one it seems to dry out, or get lost! So I am sticking to collection eyeliners. Once sprayed with the finishing powder it stays on all day and is super sleek and black, you wouldn't guess it was less than a fiver.
6. Nyx Liquid Illuminator - This product is such an easy way to get a bit of a shimmery highlight. It comes out as a liquid and you only need a tiny drop. The golden tint is perfect for darker skin tones.
7. Nyx HD Finishing Powder - I was going to invest in the Laura Mercier setting powder, but at £29 I thought I would look for a cheaper alternative first. I tried this out and so far I love it, it is translucent and you only need a small amount to keep your makeup in place without that grey ashy look. It stops me from getting oily but doesn't mask my makeup.
8. Maybelline Lash Sensation - This isn't a new product for me but it is a staple for my every day makeup, I love it. It makes my eyelashes thick and elongated instantly and it is really affordable.
Lashes by Samantha - £5
Ester Double Wear Foundation - Shade Spice - Around £30
Nyx Setting Spray - £7
Nyx Liquid Suede - Matte Lipgloss - Sandstorm £6.50
Collection - Fast Stroke Eyeliner (Boots - Approx £2)
Nyx Liquid Illuminator - £7
Nyx HD Finishing Powder - £7
Maybelline Lash Sensational - £7.99